Tuesday, October 13, 2020

"Stargazer" is a Vision at Carle at the Fields

Stargazer with Artist Ray Katz

The Public Art League proudly welcomes Stargazer by artist Ray Katz (Pontiac, MI) to Carle at the Fields in Southwest Champaign.  The sculpture is installed at the corner of Fields South and Healthcare Drive.

Stargazer is 8.5’ tall and 8.5’ wide, weighs 1,000 lbs. and is made of brushed aluminum.

Of Stargazer, the artist states:  Metal is best suited for my work because if its strength, malleability and inherent beauty.  I combine geometric and organic elements to create compositions that convey kinetic energy implied in my work.  I use the abstract manipulation of form and shape in space to create a visual balance, using rhythm, action and movement.  Brushed aluminum has become a prominent aspect of my recent work.  The shades of aluminum integrate and emphasize the structural organization of the elements in my compositions.

The Public Art League thanks Carle for its Site Sponsorship and its support of public art in our community.

Artist Ray Katz with Stargazer

No comments:

Post a Comment